Add to favourites

On stock 131 pcs

Cultural Heritage of Slovakia: Piarist Church in Prievidza Issue number
510
Date of issue
27.01.2012
Face value
0.80 €
Sell price
0.80 €

School piarists order began their activities at our territory in the counter-reformation period. Piarists came to Horná Nitra region in 1666 at the invitation of Mária Františka Pálffyová, widow of Hungarian palatine. With her support, they finished building of college in Prievidza in 1676, and building of church two years later. However, they could develop their activities fully only in the 18th century. In 1740, Piarists started a complex reconstruction of their monastery church, managed by father Hyacint Hangke, a college administrator. They dismantled the original church and started to build foundations for the new one according to the demanding late...

Show more

Similar products

  • Page of 30
  • Page of 30
Pripojte sa k nám na facebooku