This product is not for sale

Splendours of our Homeland - Nitra Issue number
148
Date of issue
03.03.1998
Face value
18.00 Sk

Nitra Castle - a National Cultural Monument Nitra castle was originally a Medieval edifice - known as Vasil's tower - erected on the site of a large Old Slav fastness traceable to 871. Prior to 1604 it acquired the Romanesque basilica of St Emeram and, through modifications and additions over time, a sizeable assemblage of buildings and fortifications. The castle was refashioned in the years 1673-74, and acquired its final form in 1739. The castle originally belonged to Pribina, and then to the Great Moravian principalities. It was the seat of the Great Moravian appanage principality, and from 880 to 892...

Show more

Similar products

  • Page of 18
  • Page of 18
Pripojte sa k nám na facebooku