This product is currently unavailable

The Sturovo- Ostrihom Bridge Issue number
249
Date of issue
11.10.2001
Face value
10.00 Sk
Sell price
0.17 €

The Sturovo—Ostrihom Bridge, originally the Bridge of Maria Valeria, was built in 1895 as the third of the series of bridges dedicated to the Habsburg Dynasty at the Hungarian bank of the Danube river. After the laying up because of destruction, the bridge was being reconstructed from 1919 up to 1927, but later ruined again at Christmas in 1944 as retraining German troops blew the three middle parts of the bridge up, whereupon the two supporting pillars were seriously damaged. This war torso persisted at the Danube river for 56 years until the Slovak Republic and Hungary signed the international agreement...

Show more

Similar products

  • Page of 45
  • Page of 45
Pripojte sa k nám na facebooku