POFIS – Postal Philatelic Service is an organisation unit of the Slovak Post, a. s. managing all activities regarding the issue of postage stamps with the following competences:
- Preparation of issues series plans for the postage stamps, postal stationary and philatelic products,
- Coordination of the Stamp Creation Implementation Committee,
- Performance of the Committee for Stamp Material Approval.
- Ensuring the production of Slovak postage stamps, postal stationary and associated philatelic products: first day cover (FDC), stamp booklets, collection and commemorative sheets, cartes maximum, etc.,
- Issue of special occasion postal stationary with surcharge (pre-paid postcards and postal stationery envelopes) on the current sports and cultural and social events,
- Production of special occasion postmarks based on the public demand and providing of their imprints within one year after their issue.
- Retail and wholesale activity with Slovak postage stamps, postal stationery and philatelic products at home as well as abroad,
- Providing for stamp subscription service for individuals and organized collectors,
- Production and sale of a stamp with personalized coupon for the broad public,
- Participation in domestic and foreign sales exhibitions.
- Information about individual issues of postage stamps and philately products in domestic and foreign media,
- Preparation of postage stamp institution in cooperation with USF,
- Regular issue of promotion philatelic materials,
- Support the development of philately in Slovakia
- Providing for participation of the Slovak Post, a. s., in professional bodies of the Universal Postal Union and POSTEUROP regarding philately.